Interstellar


When I first watched Interstellar, I fell asleep. It was an almost three-hour movie and I started to watch it around 10 pm. It was the same situation as when I watched 2001 for the first time. I told my dad I had never seen it and made me watch it that night. However, we both fell asleep when it started. I did wake up very confused because Matthew McConaughey was flying around a bookshelf yelling at a little to not "let him go". So, when I watched it again after that, it made more sense.

I found myself very emotional by the movie because of its central theme: relationships. The relationships that are emphasized are father and daughter, and human and home. In this case, the home is Earth. 

This movie deals with how humans should treat their home with more respect and care more about it since it is hard to find a place exactly like it. We must take really good care of it and not take advantage of it.

A thing that drew me to the movie and made me love it was the fact it was scientifically proven to be true. Meaning that scientists have said that the formulations and space aspects are accurate and could happen. It is not often we see movies with this aspect and authenticity. Usually, in Sci-Fi movies, there are aspects that could not be real and usually call out something in the present. Not only did Interstellar use things to call out humanity in the present, but it was scientifically correct in the movie. 


________________________________________________________________________

Down below are notes 

Released in 2014

Christopher Nolan

Cooper and a team of NASA members travel light years to find a new planet for home as food on earth becomes limited 

In the future, NASA is looked down upon and runs secretly 

  • At the school meeting, the teacher brings up the fact that Murph brings a “banned” book to school

  • It was about the Apollo landings, but in this world, they are seen as made up and used for Soviet things

The “Ghost” is Cooper in the black hole

  • Helping Murph figure out the solution

Love overcomes all 

The scene where Murph and Cooper reunite is the saddest scene

  • Also, the scene where Cooper watched 24 years' worth of messages

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love, Death, and Robots Response

About me!

Metropolis Review